Job Description for Sr. Manager – Business Development& Tendering
Position Reports in to Chief Manager Business development
Experience: 8- 10 Years
Qualification: Engineering Graduate (BE Mech/BE Civil/BE Electrical) , Preferable with MBA in Marketing as Major.
Minimum 8 years out of which at least 3 years in Design Engineering and Planning of Water projects, waste water projects.
Must have at least 5-6 years’ experience in Business Development with tender preparation and tender finalisation role in Water and Waste water. Must have successfully bid in 24×7 water, waste water, NMCG projects, Drinking water projects,
Some knowledge of MSW projects would be beneficial.
Key Job descriptions:
- Business Development Strategy implementation, execution, pre bid planning, and identification of new business opportunities,
- Carry out Business communications, presentations to Clients and Government Authorities, Technology partners and Consulting Firms.
- Pre-tendering activities, visiting Clients Office, Govt. Departments and liaison with the Govt. Official for Relationship building and Networking
- Evaluation of Tendering Process, Pre-qualification criteria, PQ Compliance – Technical and Financial PQ matching, Attending Pre-bid meeting, site visits and Technical due diligence. Suggesting changes in PQ to help match PQ.
- Work with prospective Government, Pvt agencies, consultants having good network to formulate favourable terms.
- Work with Technical teams to develop the costing and estimation for pre bid estimation purpose.
- Identify project risks by making site visits and seeking relevant information on DPR and project details
- Preparation of RFP Synopsis, Tender Documentation, Bid Index, e-tendering through online portal, tender submission
- Identification of Investors /EPC Partner, Joint Venture(JV) Agreement, Executing MOU and NDA with the competent EPC partners / Investors
- Keeping record of upcoming projects, tracking new projects and developing Market Intelligence / competitive analysis
- Acquisition of existing assets with business interest, Technical and Financial Due diligence for asset under consideration, Site survey and primary due diligence.
- Preparation of MIS and List of Pipeline Projects
- Identifying and employing third party agencies like consultants, survey agencies, laboratories and geo technical investment agencies etc. based on identified scope of work
- Vendor Development for Technical support and cost inputs during tendering stage and procurement support during post tender activities
- Analysing risk associated with DBO, BOOT, PPP – HAM project, Clear Understanding of Concessionaire Agreement,
- Preparing Bid variable, financial structure and analysis for Bid. Create proposal for Management Committee for approvals for Bidding.
- Prepare joint bidding agreement , scope matrix
- Effective customer / Associate Stakeholder relationship management
- Must have astute understanding of PPP, DBO and HAM etc project structure, Must have good knowledge of formulation of Concessional Agreements.
- Must have strong technical and commercial understanding of Water and Waste projects, key /critical success factors.
- Must be able identify potential risks in the projects and suggest mitigation measures.
- Must be able to understand the different components of RFP, BOQ and technologies
- Must be able to formulate the Bid costing in consultation with Advisors. Design team and Technology partners.
- Bid agreement, CA analysis, RFP analysis
- Management Note and presentation of synopsis.
- Must have strong techno commercial sense
- Must have a good network of consultants, market information , competitor information
- Must be able to work in short time lines, ability to manage ambiguity and connect the dotted lines.
- Must be innovative in approach and have entrepreneurial zeal
- Must have good communication and presentation skills.
- Must have target oriented.
SALARY RANGE :Rs 8-10 lacs per annum.